(E 13 TV-L, part-time, limited-term)
Göttingen State and University Library (SUB Göttingen) is engaged in several national and international projects in the development of infrastructures and services for electronic publishing and the implementation of Open Access / Open Science.
In this context, for the European project “OpenAIRE2020 – Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe towards 2020” and related Open Science projects we are seeking a Project Officer
to support the ongoing OpenAIRE2020 project. This post is offered with immediate effect as a part-time position (currently 29,85 hrs/week, possibly full time, with additional hours in OpenAIRE 2020 or another third party funded project) on a one year term contract, with potential for renewal. Salary is expected to be ca. EUR 42.000 p.a. (pro rata, depending on experience; German salary schema for public employees, TV-L E13).
This position offers interesting and varied work within a dynamic international team in a pleasant working atmosphere. The post will involve a certain amount of travel both within Europe and internationally. The post covers support und dissemination activities with focus on technical developments in the context of Open Access infrastructures.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Development and coordination of guidelines addressing the use and compatibility of digital information infrastructures (digital repositories, research information systems, publishing platforms, etc.)
- Advocacy and dissemination, in particular organisation of events, development and implementation of communication strategies and information materials about technical services and project developments, (incl. through social media channels)
- Contribution to research on scholarly communication and Open Science, literature reviews, reports and publications
- Coordination of quality-assurance processes (review of workflows, services and data, SWOT assessment, development of actions, etc.)
- a Master’s degree
- very good knowledge of technical and analytical processes, preferably through the coordination of the technical development of digital infrastructures and services (e.g. as a product owner), highly motivated to acquire new technical skills
- practical knowledge of digital information management, preferably in the area of Open Access / Open Science, repository and data infrastructures
- previous project experience including the delivery of high-profile, multi-agency projects, team-oriented and sustainable working style
- excellent communication and organisational skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range contacts and stakeholders, high motivation to build up new networks, strong sense of initiative
- very good English communication skills (spoken & written), German would be an asset but is not required
- experiences in European joint initiatives
- practical experiences in marketing and PR and commissioning management
OpenAIRE2020 represents a pivotal phase in the long-term effort to implement and strengthen the impact of the Open Access (OA) policies of the European Commission (EC), building on the achievements of the OpenAIRE projects. OpenAIRE2020 will expand and leverage its focus from 1. the agents and resources of scholarly communication to workflows and processes, 2. from publications to data, software, and other research outputs, and the links between them, and 3. strengthen the relationship of European OA infrastructures with other regions of the world, in particular Latin America and the U.S. OpenAIRE2020 represents the third funding phase of OpenAIRE and SUB Göttingen acts as the scientific coordinator.
In many areas of the University of Göttingen, women are underrepresented. Therefore, applications from women are especially appreciated and will be treated preferentially in domains where women are particularly underrepresented, if the appropriate qualification profile is met and legal constraints permit. In case of equal qualifications, disabled persons are given preference.
If you have any questions, please contact Frau Dr. Birgit Schmidt , +49 (0) 551 39-33181 (phone).
Please send your application with the usual documents in electronic form as one single pdf file by July 21 2017, to our online application portal. Job interviews are expected to start on 17 August 2017.
Note: Please note that these documents will not be returned to the applicants, so please do not submit any originals.